Favicon, is a small icon before the URL in your address bar. It is used to display the unique identity of a website/blog. A Favicon of your own is a great way to make your website/blog appear more professional and credible.
Creating a Favicon is pretty easy, especially if you have a good image to work from. If you don’t have any image to work from you can use favicon.cc, to create your own unique Favicon. The Favicon displaying in this blog is from favicon.cc.
Adding a Favicon in Thesis theme is little bit different from normal blog themes. So, if you are Thesis WordPress theme and if you want to add a Favicon to your Theme, just follow the steps given below.
How to Add a Favicon to Thesis WordPress theme?
1. Get a favicon.ico image file (preferably 16×16 pixels).
2. Upload the favicon.ico to the root of your blog.
3. Login to your WordPress admin panel and navigate to Appearance Tab and Click Thesis OpenHook. Thesis OpenHook is a WordPress plugin, which takes the process of modifying Thesis and simplifies it!
4. In Thesis OpenHook plugin options, add the following code WP head section and click the Little Save Button.
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/ico" href="http://www.yoursitename.com/favicon.ico">
5. You are done. Now you have added a Favicon to your Thesis WordPress Theme. For animated Favicon add the following code instead of the above code in WP head Section.
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/gif" href="http://www.yoursitename.com/animated_favicon.gif">
Thesis is a powerful WordPress theme with lots and lots of features. If you’ve yet to grab one, you should order one now!
If you find this tutorial useful, give us a thumbs up.