LinkedIn is a great social networking tool for professionals and business owners. In this constantly evolving, technology-driven world, winning new clients for freelancers and small businesses can become tricky, at best or downright depressing at worst.
The social networking LinkedIn provides an avenue for entrepreneurs to drive more profits for their business. The great thing about this site is your business can cross national borders. You can find customers beyond local boundaries. The audience is wider and transcends geographical locations. This could mean a great boost for your business if you know how to effectively utilize it.
LinkedIn can connect entrepreneurs to various sales leads, new orders, or find other like- minded business partners. The site has an effective sales engine that allows you to find new business opportunities quickly.
Ways to Optimize LinkedIn Profile for Business
1. Link your company website to your LinkedIn profile. The first step is of course to put up a profile in LinkedIn. You need to highlight your work experience. If you attended an online MBA program, you can include that in your profile. Anything that can lend more credibility to you and your business is desirable. Then provide a link in your LinkedIn profile to your company’s website. In your website, you should add your LinkedIn profile too.
2. Target local businesses first. Start networking with your friends in your local area. If you have a small business in a particular location, it will be a good idea to connect with other businesses in your place too.
3. Create a Group in LinkedIn. You could establish a group that caters primarily to local businesses and professionals. For instance, for your peers in Georgia, USA, you can establish a LinkedGeorgia group. Members of the group must come from Georgia and they can discuss topics about the state such as business, economy, politics, education, and other concerns.
This is a great way of getting to know people from your area. It is not necessary to promote your business right away. Just explore common things with the locals. Once the online professional relationship deepens, it will be easier to approach them for business purposes. Also, if they like you, you will be their first choice for jobs in your field such as plumbing, moving, cleaning, or real estate business transactions. It pays to be nice and friendly to people.
4. Use keywords. Search engine optimization using keywords is also applicable in LinkedIn. For instance if you are a plumber in New York, you can use various keywords that people normally use in their search engine searches such as plumbing new york, nyc plumbing, new york plumber, or plumbing new york. Use as many keywords as you can that relate to your business such as, instead of plumbing New York, you may use HVAC New York. These keywords will help you get found quickly by people searching for the kind of products or services you provide.
5. Update the LinkedIn profile. Always update the profile with the latest offerings of your small business. Update the specialties section too.
All these strategies can help make your profile more interactive in LinkedIn. This professional networking site offers numerous opportunities to businesses and freelancers if utilized properly. For starters, it can introduce you to people you would otherwise not have known. The more people you know the better for your business.