During last week’s State of the Union address, President Obama challenged the US Nation to out-educate, out-innovate, and out-build our competition to win the future.
A very large part of this would start with American entrepreneurs getting evolved in Startup America. Startup America is a national campaign to help entrepreneurship across the US. He also focused around the formation of the Startup America Partnership to catalyze private support for entrepreneurial ecosystems.
The co-founder of AOL Steve Case will be a huge part of this growing in the US. To jump-start this campaign, the Obama Administration announced 27 public and private commitments organized across five key goals:
1. Expand access to capital for high-growth startups.
2. Expand entrepreneurship education and mentorship programs.
3. Strengthen federally-funded R&D commercialization.
4. Identify and remove unnecessary barriers to high-growth startups.
5. Expand collaborations between large companies and startups.
This is just the beginning of what President Obama has challenged us to do. This doesn’t mean that this post is just for people in the US, this is also a call for everyone across the world to start something that they feel will change the world. Entrepreneurs are the backbone of our world that drive innovation and help this world be a better place.